Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Gotcha'



Last night I ambushed T when he was freshly showered to get some shots of the shirt yoke sweater. He was a really good sport and he professed his genuine like of the sweater, stating "I would actually wear this..." which is gratifying considering what goes into a handknit. I think this is the most flattering of styles for any man, the shoulder area is really accented and enhanced by the lines of the sweater. The previous post raved about the simplicity of the design so I will not repeat myself. Sorry for the picture heavy post, but I just thought he looked so handsome in it. Am I right ladies? (Who here watches the Ellen show?). A few little facts: Knit on US 6 needles with the now discontinued Rowan Tweed in Charcoal (or some name like that, I tend to toss the ball bands.) Not wet blocked as the stitches were pretty even and the shoulder decreases came together well. I recommend paying attention to your decreases, pull them a little tighter to avoid gaping holes. Um, that is about it. Enjoy all those great EZ projects that are shaping up so nicely.



Just a little teaser...I finished the baby Denim Pants from LMKG, one pair is washed the other is not. I will post pictures of the pants soon because they are spectacularly adorable. I think they will be much cuter when donned by the beans but, alas, we will wait with bated breath until that time. Here is a bonus pic of daddy-to-be checking out my handiwork. He loves these pants and wants a pair himself. I think not. Making baby clothes is ten times better than playing doll dress up. I mean, I was not big on the doll thing as a girl (Stawberry Shortcake was my girl, though). Baby clothes are in a league of their own, with the proportions and ease of finishing. Much more to come...i promise. Now onward to Lace Completion as I have a deadline for the POW shawl.

4 comments:

Emily said...

Hi Mamie-

I saw your handwarmers and they're lovely, but I don't really like brown. So I'll pass. But anyway the offer of the khaki Calmer wasn't a swap offer, it was just: If you want it, it's yours. So how about this: I'll send it to you, and if you want, you can reimburse me for shipping when you get it? Does that sound fair?

Emily

Emily said...

p.s. I'm going to the post office today anyway, so if you email me your address at emily dot g dot schneider at gmail dot com, I'll send them today.

-E

Julia (MindofWinter) said...

That's a great sweater and T looks very handsome. I just spent some time looking at your flickr photos - you have a great eye. I was showing M the pictures of Mishka and Yosemite. He's a Shepherd man through and through. I love the name Mishka, so I'm using it for my create-along piece. A shell named after a pup. :)

earthchick said...

FABULOUS. The sweater looks simply fabulous on your fella - great job! And love, love the baby pants. From a mother of twin 2 year-old boys, I can tell you - you are in for the wildest, most intense, most fun ride of your life!!! :)