Thursday, March 20, 2008

Small Notes

- I finished a book. For the first time in a long time I put down the knitting to read. It was the Memory Keeper's Daughter by Kim Edwards and it was lovely and poignant. I found it up North at a used book store and the title called me. It was about twins. It made me feel, just feel. I cried last night at the finish. Read it if you like.

- The presents are coming along and it is about a month until their first birthday. Wow.

- Mason has been waking at 4-430 every day for a long, long time (well, it feels like that). And he wakes his brother and we try to get them back to sleep, but it is hard. So hard. My little babies. They are in an exhausted nap right now.

- We are going to a lovely nursery called the Tree of Life today with Omi. Belated bday present to her.

- My laptop should be delivered tomorrow which will be delightful if they have not wiped my hard drive. I will be able to easily post pictures again. Ahhhh.

2 comments:

Sereknitty said...

You have my utmost sympathy ... our grandson is also currently waking at 4:30 a.m. which is so tough on his patient mom. It will be a glorious day when all infants sleep through the night! ... although, we'll all probably still wake up in the middle of the night listening to see if our babies are awake and still breathing :)

Anonymous said...

*sigh* That book really got to me too.

Buddy went through a period of waking early (and then earlier and earlier) for awhile. Hang in there. It really is so hard. But you'll get through it.