Sunday, October 25, 2009

34

I started a list a few years back on my birthday and I like the way it gives me time to reflect on the year...updates as follows...

1. Make the Easy Lap Quilt from Angry Chicken's book using my Heather Ross fabric swatch.
2. Lose the 10 pounds I gained post-partum. Yep, gained.
3. Do at least one headstand a day to receive the benefits of yogic inversions.


4. Travel with the boys to the place where we made them. Canada, that is, eh?

5. Snowboard on a fresh powder day on the slopes of Mammoth.
6. Take very deep breathes when needing to renew my spirits.


7. Reinstate long daily walks with the boys.

8. Bring my reusable grocery bags to the store at least 95% of the time, and if I do not, insist on carrying items out without bags.
9. Help out another mama-of-multiples the way so many other mamas have helped me.
10. Use some yarn stash for unique and simple gifts for family/friends.
11. Stop thinking I can do it all, stop trying to justify not being able to.
12. Get a real haircut.
13. Eat more green food, try to get fresh juices into my daily regimen.


14. Assist Tim in making matching furniture for our bedroom.
15. Knit this sweater despite the fact that I live in a climate that will afford little wear.
16. Move to a climate where I can wear it (maybe). (The move, I mean).

17. Buy pants that fit correctly and get them tailored to the correct length if they do not.(Modified :: Work on learning to make my own pants now that I can sew)

18. Learn how to properly use my mother's sewing machine.
19. Clean the floors of the house more often.
20. Write to my friends in NY and Ireland.
21. Start and finish reading a book.
22. Retain some information from said book after the completion of reading
23. Go to Church to renew that feeling I once had as a child... that feeling of awe.


24. Visit my Opa in Holland with my husband and children. (Modified :: He came to us! And met the boys and cried to see his little great grandchildren play. My Opa looks like Yoda. He is so cool).
25. Let go of wrecked nap times when they occur.
26. Send my parents on an all-expenses paid weekend away...or at least pay for their gas when they drive to see my other siblings.
(Well, we let them leave frequently now...that has to count for something)

27. Shoot the boys in a studio setting with black and white real film. (Going to happen :: Professional photo session next month is planned)

29. Stop watching inane TV.
30. Maybe just stop watching TV altogether. Except Pushing Daisies and The Office.


31. Raise beautiful baby boys.
32. Kiss my love every single day and thank the Source for my life as it is and as it can be.
(I am doing this but I cannot strike this because I know it is something to renew on a daily basis...it will never be a strike).

33. (?) Must have forgotten to add one last year...but I will make it up by adding Blogher 10 to this year's goals.

34. And the doozy....sell the Ford F150, buy a VW Vanagon, pack it light come next August and head out for a three month trip with the boys to see the islands and Vancouver, Banff, Glacier and Yellowstone and the Tetons and more....all with two three year old boys. It may seem like trying to reclaim a life that has passed by but I always thought we could embrace the way we lived before the boys and introduce them to a life lived freer than most, not exactly following the Dead, just pursuing the best mountain bike rides, the best hikes, the quietest campgrounds, the best camp spot.

Getting little shivers as I write it because somehow there is power in the writing and the sharing. And I just cannot wait.

Hi, 34. You look and feel nice so far.

So many posts brewing, I just do not know where to start. The wedding was magical, beyond magical...taking the photos was a tough gig. I have so much respect for wedding photographers. Whew.

The boys were awesome, so far the birthday has been awesome....here at the hotel room at the Magical Kingdom taking a little down time before we head back in for more Disneyland. Glad to be back here though.

12 comments:

Janna said...

INSPIRING! I'm going to make myself a list.

Anonymous said...

That is such a wonderful list - the trip with your boys sounds like a perfect idea. What a gift to them.
Happy birthday to you!

LauraC said...

Happy birthday to an amazing woman! Love the list, have been thinking a lot about how I want my life to be post-melanoma.

Bea said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! This is such a great list, I'm going to make one for myself :)

jillian said...

Happy Birthday!! Such an interesting list.

t + j said...

happy birthday beautiful mames!

Katie said...

happy birthday!!

Preeti said...

Happy Birthday sweet friend! I read your list with awe...so many strikes, you've accomplished so much!!!

Claroux said...

Happy Birthday beautiful mama! You are an inspiration to us all! I can't wait to hear about your trip up North....Glacier is one of my all time favorite places -so peaceful. You should have a BLAST with the boys. And hopefully we can both cross Blogher off our lists in 2010! xoxoxoxoxo

Sereknitty said...

Happy Birthday to you! You've accomplished so much! There is so much value in writing our goals/wishes down, because you get to go back and cross off what you've accomplised! You'd best be making my place one of the destinations on your Canada trip :)

Anonymous said...

I LOVE this. So completely delightful. And happy, happy birthday :)

Jen said...

happy belated birthday! and your coming trip sounds inspiring! i've always wanted to live in a motor home for a year and see the country at our own pace.