Monday, March 01, 2010

Closing Ceremony :: 'Finished' Tomten

And so it is done.
Gathering of Things I Like


The Olympics have come to their end, capped by a most wonderful hockey game that I watched as I sewed in the zipper on the Tomten. It was a fitting way to finish, watching the team I felt compelled to root for win it in overtime. It is not unAmerican, just right. I mean, this country rarely pays attention to the game and me thinks the Canadians deserved the gold in all ways. Oh, Canada. It seems I really do love you.

And I loved that the whole piece itself was knit to be sent to the Great White North, to a little love with a super sparkle in the eye. Cheeky little girl.
Tomten :: Done
Tomten :: Done

(Reluctantly modeled by my cheeky male monkey as I have no little girl to try it on)

There is nothing bad to be said about the knit. It came from EZ and she has her finger on perfected patterns. It is squishy and stretchy and really really generously sized, sure to fit the little one until her third, maybe fourth year. It is bright and warm and I cannot wait to send it on its way.
Tomten :: Done



I feel as if I earned the gold, but it does have a bit of tarnish as I have one little wee bit to finish....one last sleeve to sew up and then just a few ends to weave in. Don't DQ me now...I have done my best.
Tomten :: Done



It was a hell of a few weeks, with too many late nights watching. I am so glad I did it and I love that I used up every bit of Cascade 220 in the stash...the brown came in with just enough to weave in that last sleeve. If you have been waiting and wanting to knit an EZ, do it! I see myself re-visiting the Tomten well before the next Olympic Games.
Tomten :: Done



For now though...playing with this soft cotton blend...
Gathering of Things I Like

Easter and Birthdays are just around the corner and the boys need something nice.

And if you cannot tell from the pictures of the modeled Tomten :
Tomten :: Done


The boys do not like wool
The boys do not like sweaters
Tomten :: Done


The boys do not like Mama's knits (unless it is in vest form...the better to not touch their delicate bodies).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's gorgeous! The hockey game was the perfect way for the Olympics to end. And thank God they did because I stayed up way too late for 2 weeks.

On your last comment, thank you so much for your words! If Portland doesn't make sense for you, I bet there is a race out there that does. Of course I am still hoping you went and bought those new running shoes. : )

Anonymous said...

Oh I forgot to tell you I made the chocolate souffle cupcakes on Sat. Delish! Thanks for sending the recipe.

Preeti said...

You did it and the Tomten looks so squishy and warm! That hockey game was something else!!

Jess said...

Really beautiful! Love the color combo.