Thursday, June 17, 2010

Clearing the Air

10 days home. In that time we have plunged head first into work, been to Disneyland, refashioned the garden, and contracted a terrible virus of some sort that left me incapacitated for 2 days feeling like someone had taken a tire iron to my femurs and low back. Not cool.

Now, Sunday morning, I am post-yoga, the first class that felt like flowing. And then I came home and looked around. Wow. The house is a mess. We came home with loads of laundry and little focus. And you can see it all over the place. My nesting instinct kicked in and I have been sorting clothes that I cannot deny are too small for the boys, tossing extra outdated paperwork, rifling through the dark spaces to purge purge purge. Accumulation is a bad bad thing. It blocks and breaks and dims the light that should shine through clean and clear windows.
Going green

I am surprisingly current with my work documentation and want this day to be about Clearing. (And Daddy too, of course). So, out came the dried wildflower patch, saving the seed pods to scatter next year.
Making room

In went the melons to feed the boys' insatiable appetite for the fruit.
Making room
(Full disclosure...that is a pumpkin flower. But the melons are in. And we have dozens of tiny pumpkins. Er, well, a dozen. Trying to keep it real here.)

Out go the clothes that don't fit. Clean go the kitchen counters and cupboards. And, ah, it starts to feel good again. I might even be able to unearth the sewing table buried under a month of stacking and piling.
Why all the clearing?

Monday the Dream Lab starts and if you have yet to check it out, please do. And just so you know if you click on the link on the right and then sign up I get a lovely credit towards any future Mondo classes. But don't do it for me. Do it for you.

Life can get boggy, I have found that out in the 10 days home. It can make those days on the road seem dream like and distant, as if they happened to another person. Life can get full and dull and lack luster and seem like obligation after obligation.

But I want to believe that if I clear a space for the dreaming to continue, it can. Let me rephrase that. If I clear a space for the Dreaming, it Will happen. I do believe that.
A Reminder

And a Happy Father's Day to all the men out there that do the role, in all ways and places and spaces in their lives. You rock, Daddies, you rock.

A Little P.S. :: I am still planning on doing a few recap posts about our trip. Any questions on travel with twins/kids? If so, I will mull them over, realize I am not one to give advice but still try to give some feedback. The golden words though?

DUAL DVD PLAYERS.

Enough said.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know just how wonderful clearing out can feel. I should focus on that this coming weekend. I need a good cleansing.

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear you haven't been well. I need to declutter too. I find it is very good for me mentally. I'm going to tackle a few jam-packed cupboards on the weekend. I know I will feel great afterwards!