Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Just right now...

Today is a new day and I did not want to leave that post hanging there. It felt good to write it out and those feelings are still all there on this day but somehow they all feel lighter. Your comments and words of support made it all feel lighter, eased some of the heaviness I was feeling. So, I want to say thank you for that, my friends.

It also helped that after work I collapsed on the bed with the boys and read them five library books then proceeded to fall asleep with one on my face and nap for a half of an hour during which time I profusely drooled on myself. And we had Taco Bell for dinner because it was Taco Tuesday.

Today, as I write this I am sitting next to my car, locked my keys in there, wouldn't you know? Tim just pulled up to unlock it and I might as well think of it as an opportunity to give him a mid-day kiss and realize that my fried laptop and messed up schedule don't have to define my day. Much, anyway.

Like I said, the feelings are not gone but manageable. Thanks again, folks.

3 comments:

Jess said...

Glad you're feeling a little better. I can totally relate to your "can't finish anything..." line in that last post.

I'm the worst for phone conversations because of all the interruptions. It's maddening for me and for whoever I'm talking with.

Plus, I've got a sewing room full of unfinished projects that I haven't touched for months. There's just no time.

I marvel at what you're able to create while managing your family responsibilities. You're really remarkable.

Next time you're feeling down, looking at the pile of unfinished business, swing around and look at all that you HAVE managed to accomplish -- and allow yourself to feel proud.

Really.

Kellee said...

A dose of perspective and a shift towards the positive really do make all the difference sometimes. I'm glad you're feeling better, I hope you continue to do so!

Neil said...

If that was your version of a trainwreck post, where you let it all hang out, that was way too mild. I try to write a kvetching post at least once a week.

You are strong.